You and Me, Mum is a 10 week programme for mothers which will help you understand how domestic violence affects you as a parent and how it affects your children. It will empower, support and develop further understanding of your role as a mother in addressing the needs of your children and young people.
The course focuses on self empowerment and mutual aid. It doesn’t work directly with children. It recognises the central role of mothers in the protection and positive development of their children and young people.
1. To understand how domestic violence effects you as a parent
2. To understand the effects of domestic violence on children and young people
3. To develop effective communication skills with children and young people
4. To promote healthy and non-violent relationships
5. To explore key protective behaviour messages and strategies for keeping mothers, children and young people safe.
For more information please get in touch with us.